MetroAction Honors Business Owners and Advocates
A successful young entrepreneur at just the age of 19. A hotel that recently celebrated its 100th anniversary. A local family business that is in its 3rd generation of ownership.
These are just a few details about the accomplished award winning businesses that were honored at MetroAction’s Small Business Awards Luncheon.During the event on May 21, MetroAction honored six local businesses and business advocates who showcased outstanding dedication to the success and growth of the local business economy.
The following are the 2009 small business award recipients:
• Young Entrepreneur Award: Max Peters of Northeast Sealcoating
• Small Business of the Year Award (50 or less employees): Minooka Pastry Shop
• Small Business of the Year Award (51-250 employees): Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel
• New and Emerging Small Business Award: Exceptional Payments
• Small Business Advocate Award: Gerald Ephault, Ben Franklin Technology Partners
• Virtual Small Business Award: Cathy Voyack, Mary Kay Cosmetics
MetroAction, in partnership with the award sponsors, Fidelity Deposit and Discount Bank and Bank of America, offer sincere congratulations to each award recipient. For more information on MetroAction, visit www.MetroAction.org.